Our First Call Is A Fact Finding Mission, Designed So We Think Like You
Designed With You In Mind
Talking with broker to get your health insurance set up very easy. All it takes is a 7-10 minute phone call, where we simply ask you a bunch of important questions regarding your health insurance situation, your needs, and what you want health insurance to do for you. As a broker, it is our responsibility to THINK LIKE YOU… and understand what is important to you. That is how we become as successful as possible, and that’s how we make sure that you have the best insurance that money can buy! Basically, if you could combine your mindset, with my knowledge, you’d be able to create the perfect insurance policy. Since it’s not possible to merge two minds physically… that’s why you simply call me and I look through your situation and “become like you”, so I will make decisions as if I was you. This is an extremely effective way for me to understand how to help you – and it produces very positive results when working with my clients.
The “Gathering Worksheet”
Would you like to know what questions we will ask before you call in? Feel free to take a look at the list below, which goes over all the questions I would ask you!
- What’s your name?
- What’s your address?
- What’s your phone number?
- What’s your email?
- Your DOB?
- Do you use tobacco?
- Will you supply info on anyone else needing coverage?
- Do you have coverage now?
- When was the last time you did?
- Do you remember what company?
- How much were you paying?
- You remember your deductible?
- What % were you responsible for after deductible?
- What were your copays?
- What’s more important: Affordable ins, or better coverage?
- Married, divorced, moved, lost/received coverage, etc in last 60 days?
- Any Doctors you need to stay in network for?
- Are you pregnant or planning on becoming pregnant this year?
- Do you need dental?
- Do you need vision?
- Do you take any medications? If so, dosage, (exact names), cost per month?
- Do you have any pre-existing conditions? Anything the doctors know about right now?
- What’s your budget for health ins? What are you trying to stay underneath?
- Do you make an hourly wage? Rate? Hours/week? Multiply by 52 to get Annual. Does this ### sound right?
- How many people in your taxable household (Including yourself)? This is how many your report to IRS?
- I always ask – what type of activities do you get involved in? hiking, skiing, cycling, swimming, etc?
- When would you like this insurance to start?
- What’s the most important things related to health insurance for you?
- Anything specific you’d like insurance to do for you?
- Anything else you want to tell me?
Now The Work Begins
Once we have compiled this list – (and based off of how you start to answer we may not need to ask all of these), we will set an appointment with you to talk about what we have found. Where the real skill comes in, is what I do next. Now that I have the necessary information from you, now I can start looking around for insurance options. This is the part, that if you did not have the experience like I have with the different insurance carriers… you could choose the wrong one. We get to know the insurance carriers well, and understand their strengths and weaknesses. What this knowledge allows us to do, is to steer away from certain companies if we think it’s going to be a problem for the client. Also, it helps us know which company will provide the best benefit, and at the right price, and with the right amount of coverage.
Fun, Fun, Fun!
For us, this is the fun part! I personally like customizing the plans for each individual… it gives me a certain sense of accomplishment and pride, when I am able to get exactly what the client is looking for. No two policies are ever the same – unless you’re twins. That’s what makes this job exciting! So there it is… if you were ever wondering what we talked about when we called you, then wonder no more. It’s simple information, that’s designed to help us think like you, and get you the insurance you’d get if you thought like me. Feel free to reach out with any questions about this or anything else, I’d be more than happy to help!
Nick “The Health Insurance Guy” Ferrin